Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's ALIVE!!!

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Can I just say how much I hate getting up on those little beds and trying not to rip the paper? I hate it a lot. Chris made fun of me cause I sort of hopped onto the bed so I wouldn't slide the paper up. I don't know. Just agitating.

In other news, we got to hear the heartbeat! It was difficult to make out at first, but once I heard it in the background I couldn't help but start beaming. That's my little baby in there with the most beautiful rhythmic heartbeat I've ever heard. I wish I had a recording of it that I could listen to all the time. I've never heard such a pleasing sound. That little thump -thump- thump, thump- thump- thump... there's really a little baby in there.

I have to be honest, despite all my MANY pregnancy symptoms, sometimes I forget that I'm growing a child. It certainly explains why I'm so tired all the time, but usually I just feel sick. I haven't been able to successfully associate the two things in my brain. Maybe it's because I don't want to associate my precious baby with such a wretched feeling.

Speaking of pregnancy symptoms, I'm not nauseous all the time anymore! YAY! However, I do throw up a whole lot more. In fact I lost two pounds since my last doctor visit. The doctor didn't seem concerned but the only thing she seems concerned about is me going to a genetics testing information meeting. I've done some research and already decided that I don't want to get genetics testing. But she's pushing this meeting on me like my baby's life depends on it. I wonder if she gets some kind of bonus for each patient she sends. I really don't like my doctor. I'm looking forward to moving to Utah and finding a midwife.

Unfortunately the doctor pushed my due date back from August 19 to August 22. The closer this gets to the start of Fall semester, the more worried I get. The good news is that I get to spend the end of my pregnancy relaxing and eating bon bons (if I so desire) out of school. The bad news is that school starts like a week after the baby will be born. I wonder if my teachers will help me work out some kind of maternity leave. I mean this is BYU after all, girls are having babies left and right. I'm sure it will all work out.

Now I'm going to relax, read my baby name book, and replay that little thump-thump-thump over and over again in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment