Monday, March 23, 2015

27 Weeks Pregnant

How far along? 27 weeks.  
Maternity clothes? Yep.
Best moment this week: I'm not gonna lie, the past two weeks have been pretty awful. The best moment would be finally getting some pain medication that worked. More on that at the bottom. 
Miss anything? My health. Exercise. Energy. 
Movement: he mostly moves at night. Sometimes it's so much that I can actually watch my belly move. That's pretty cool. He's an active little boy. 
Food cravings: I had a brief zebra cake kick but that didn't last too long.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Why yes, kidney stones and bronchitis. 
Worst symptom: I think over the past couple days my belly really popped out. The second trimester comfort was cut short by illness and now I just feel like my body has been completely taken over and there is no room for me anymore. It's going to be a long 12 weeks.   
Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah. See above answer. 
  Gender: It's a boy!  
  Belly Button in or out? Out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. I feel so bad for anyone who has to spend any amount of time with me because I am not enjoyable to be around and I know it. And I'm sorry. 
Looking forward to: Getting my body back which isn't happening any time soon. Basically I'm just miserable. always. the end. 

As for the past couple weeks. It started innocently enough with a sore throat which turned out to be bronchitis. Just as I was getting over that I was faced with the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced in my life. And remember, I had a totally medicine-free childbirth.  Anyway, when a warm bath didn't help the intense stomach pain, Chris whisked me to our family doctor who gave me some pain meds. They didn't touch the pain. Not even a little bit. But they did make me throw up. So after an entire day of not keeping any food or water down we headed to the ER. Long story short, after a night in the hospital with an ultra sound, MRI, and some morphine that just made me sleepy but didn't help the pain, they sent me home with no official prognosis and suggested I go see my OB. 

This whole time I had suspected kidney stones but since a CT scan would be too dangerous during pregnancy they had no way of being sure. 

We got home around 6am and I slept until Chris woke me up to go to the OB. Keep in mind the pain had not let up and I had still had nothing to eat. 

It took my OB about 10 minutes to prescribe me a miracle pain killer. When I told him what the family practitioner had given me he scoffed and said that drug isn't processed by the kidneys therefore it would have zero effect on my excruciating pain. He had his nurse give me a shot of the meds that kicked in within 20 minutes and I FINALLY had some relief. 

A day later I passed one stone. The doctor told me that 5mm was the largest that I could feasibly pass. Mine was 8 mm. 

Fast forward to today, I still feel pretty mediocre. It's really put a damper on me doing anything besides laying around and my house is a disaster which is stressing me out and all I can think about is how easy and simple it was to be pregnant when I didn't have a toddler to also take care of. And also kidney stones...

1 comment:

  1. :(( so sorry! That sounds horrible! However, you still look fantastic! I hope you start feeling better.