Saturday, January 3, 2015

16 Weeks Pregnant

Honestly, I haven't taken a baby bump picture until now
 because I never do my hair and make-up.
How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 7 pounds
Maternity clothes? No, but they'd probably be more comfortable
Best moment this week: Spending a quiet New Year's Eve with Chris. We watched a movie and played some games and watched the neighbor's fireworks from our window. It was perfect.
Miss anything: I miss taking walks with Evelyn. I feel like the cardio would be great but it's just too dang cold right now.
Movement: I think I feel "flutters" but I might be imagining them
Food cravings: Salty salty salty. Which is good because the midwife has me off sweets.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not eating enough. Dirty diapers. Stinky kitchen sink.
Worst symptom: How can I choose? From occasional nausea to constant exhaustion or constant peeing, to headaches or backaches or acne. It's never ending really.
Have you started to show yet: I have definitely popped.
  Gender: I don't know yet, but we find out soon! I'm thinking boy.
  Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly moody. And tired. Which I think adds to the moodiness.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender.


Seeing as this is my first pregnancy post and I'm already in month 4, let's see if I can sum up the past 4 months super fast:

I was crazy sick, couldn't get off the couch, the house was in shambles, Evelyn watched a lot of TV.
I searched high and low and found a great midwife for our home birth. (We decided on a home birth).
I started feeling better but would get nauseous if I didn't eat. Still just felt sick not pregnant. Evelyn watched...less-ish TV.
I started showing. 

See, you didn't miss much. 

Main differences with this pregnancy are that I already feel huge, way bigger than I did at this stage with Evelyn. I think. I'm trying to be a lot healthier for this pregnancy because A) It just seems like a smart idea and B) I don't want to gain as much weight. But I won't beat myself up, I'm just doing the best I can.

I started a prenatal workout that I got for Christmas and although it's super cheesy, the workout is really effective. I've been sore for days. It feels good to be working hard even though I'm pregnant. I enjoy exercise and I'm hoping the more I do it, the easier it will be and the better shape I will be in for delivery. 

My eating habits have changed quite a bit. For one, I'm off sugar. Well, let's be honest, I'm off of desserts, candy, baked goods, soft drinks, etc. I'm not cutting out everything with sugar but I am cutting down immensely. I'm hoping this will help with the weight control, my unfortunate bout of pregnancy acne, and some pain I've been having in my joints. I guess we'll see. 

I've also started juicing (read: I've juiced 3 times). I'd probably do it more often but it's a lot of work to clean out the juicer afterwards and it's hard enough to keep our kitchen clean as it is. I have a hard time meeting my fruit and veggie quota so I've been drinking a lot of smoothies too. I make them myself with no added sugar. 

My midwife recommended a veggie protein powder from a health food store to add to my smoothies. The container said, "natural vanilla flavor" so I thought it'd be good. Turns out "pea-protein" it a flavor that's a tad overwhelming and turns any smoothie an unsightly shade of green. But the more you drink it, the more you get used to it. 

The protein doesn't bother me nearly as much as the time I juiced a whole pomegranate without peeling it. That was 10 different kinds of awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment