Saturday, August 23, 2014

Spectacular Saturday: Evelyn's First Birthday Party




Last Saturday was Evelyn's first birthday party. It was so much fun and we had a great turnout. I am the first to admit that I may have gone a tad overboard for a one year old's birthday party but I just had so much fun with it. I made all the decorations myself and I'm so pleased that it turned out exactly how I had envisioned...maybe even better.

I mixed and matched a lot of ideas from pinterest to create the final project. But you don't want to hear about it, just take a look at the pictures.










I have a stack of these windows in my garage and I was so excited to have a use for one of them. I found the door at a yard sale a couple weeks ago and fell in love. I'm sure it will have some fun prominent place when we re-do the house.

"Poisoned apples" (Candy apples) were party favors for guests to take home and enjoy!



Words from the classic Snow White song, "Heigh Ho" lined the pathway to the party




Despite my weeks of hard work making decorations, the hit of the party was the wishing well fire pit cover my husband made, the morning of.



I was so pleased to get to use Evelyn's Snow White dress a second time. (The first was our Disney trip).


She LOVED her cupcake. (That's frosting...not mustard...Malae.)

Even though the invite clearly stated that presents weren't necessary, we still had a few friends who just couldn't help themselves. And Evelyn loved opening them!







2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Jocelyn, everything looks so adorable! You certainly know how to put on a party!! :)))

    ReplyDelete