Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week 18




How far along?  18 Weeks
Total weight gain? About 8 pounds
Maternity clothes? Nope.
Stretch Marks? No.
Best moment this week? Finding out the gender and getting to see cute
pictures on the ultra sound.
Miss anything? You know, not really.
Movement? Yes! I am positive that I have felt some sort of flutterings. 
Food Cravings: Spicy buffalo wings. I want them 24 hours a day,
for any meal of the day. Always.
Anything making you sick or queasy? Mostly just oranges.
Worst symptom: The awkwardness of not being able to lay on my belly.
Labor signs: Still a ways off.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time? "More so happy probably," says my husband.
Looking forward to: Seeing my family and my cute new niece soon.


Sorry, this post is a little belated. It's been a hectic week. We moved from Hawaii on Monday night, got to Utah Tuesday morning and then left for Oklahoma this morning (Wednesday). This chilly weather is not being nice with my Hawaii wardrobe and Hawaiian adjusted temperatures.

On a side note, I have been feeling especially fat lately and that I just look large and not pregnant at all. But today a man in the airport congratulated me on my pregnancy! I look pregnant for legit!! I feel much better about life now.

My belly appears to have popped out just in time for our last Sunday at church before we moved. Everyone was coming up and congratulating me as they said goodbye. 

I still haven't bought any baby clothes since finding out that we're having a little baby girl. (With all the travelling and tight packing and whatnot). But I'm really excited to do so. I don't want to buy a ton of stuff until after our baby shower (when/if we have one) but I think it's a right of passage and makes the whole baby thing seem that much more real. As if all the vomiting, indigestion, food aversion and gaining weight weren't real enough. 

I guess it makes more sense to buy more baby stuff when we actually have an apartment. We're sort of homeless right now. But all in good time. I've got family to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment