Monday, April 1, 2013

Last week in Hawaii

Well, it's April and Hawaii is just a distant memory. Okay, it's not really that distant. I thought I would be a little sadder about leaving 'paradise' but I'm actually happy to be back to the mainland (or America by Chris' standards). We haven't found an apartment yet or a car or a job for Chris for that matter, but we're working on it. We did take a little week long vacation in Oklahoma to visit family. But more on that later.

Our last week in Hawaii was bitter sweet. We were excited to start the new phase of our life with a baby and new place to live and new job, but it's a little nerve-wracking to leave something stable and go into the unknown where we have to start over. Plus all in all, we really did enjoy our time in Hawaii. I was a fun adventure and I'm glad we got to do it.

The main thing we wanted to again before we left was hike Manoa, which is Christopher's favorite hike.









Our last day of work was sad and rainy. I think Hawaii was sad to see us go. One of our coworkers got us these lovely leis!


It was pretty incredible how much we were able to pack into our suitcases. And by we, I mean Chris. He is the packing master of the universe. Sadly we had to leave my hand mixer and measuring cups but Christopher promised that we could replace them (the hand mixer for a kitchen aid, whether he knows it or not).

All our clothes, shoes, books, and few decor pieces.
Our flight to Utah didn't leave until 9pm, so we had a whole day to kill. We ran a few errands and then took our last trip to the beach.





We tried to build a sand castle while the waves were crashing in and then got pulverized in the water (I lost bathing suit bottoms several times).

Then it was off to the airport:

My husband beast with all our luggage!
Cute husband beast being a frog.


May 23, 2012--arrived in Hawaii / March 26, 2013--arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad I never got to come visit your Hawaii life, but I'm super happy your on this continental mainland again (you feel closer) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much closer haha. And we're getting closer and closer to your wedding and when I get to see you!

      Delete