Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day Picnic



Poor Chris has been so overwhelmed with work and the house, that I told him to just relax about Valentine's Day this year. I wasn't expecting a romantic gift, a fancy date or anything else from him. I promised to take care of everything.

And it turned out to be one of the best Valentine's Days ever!

The Breakfast


I attempted a heart shaped breakfast with chocolate chip pancakes (with a cream cheese frosting topping) and bacon. Some turned out better than others. The bacon was sort of a miss. 

The Activities

After we cleaned breakfast up and got dressed it was time to make valentines. I helped Evelyn make some for her grandparents and Chris made one for me.



Evelyn was so cute and precise about where she put the stickers and heart cut outs. I was nervous that she would be too young to enjoy it but she loved it!

The day before, she helped me make some sugar cookies and then after card decorating we got to ice our cookies!




Evelyn was a bit young for this one but she sure enjoyed licking the frosting off afterwards.

My cookies turned out a little PG-13.




The Picnic


After Evelyn's nap, we headed out to a park close by and had a heart themed picnic. I made heart shaped sandwiches and cheese with crackers. The rest of the food was normal but delicious. I even threw in some treats for Chris.




Dessert was the best part. It was angel food cake, whipped cream and strawberries layered in jars.

Since Evelyn came along, our romantic picnic was more of a playground play date but it was gorgeous weather and still turned out to be a lot of fun.



The Gift


Our first Christmas together, Chris gave me a photo album titled: Our Adventure Book volume 1. He put in two pages himself but the rest were left empty for us to finish later. 

So I decided to fill the rest of the book. It was fun to do and a gift that we could both enjoy.




It was such a fun Valentine's Day, I'm glad we ended up spending it together as a family!



No comments:

Post a Comment