Friday, January 9, 2015

Home Remodel Adventures

I haven't taken a pic in a while. As you can tell by the jack-o-lantern on the porch


People ask all the time how our house is coming. It's the first question they ask when I haven't seen them or talked to them in a while. And you know what, I'm starting to be okay with the question. I've stopped thinking so much about it. It doesn't make me cringe quite as much anymore.

My default answer is, "It's coming."

The worst question now is, "When will it be done?"

Well that really is the question isn't it?! One we would ALL like to be answered. So if you find out the date it will be completed, please let me know. I'd love to plan around that.

Does that answer your question?

Now on the subject of the slow moving progress:

We caught Home Depot on the tail end of their November Black Friday sales and got great deals on all of our kitchen appliances. It was a lot of fun to pick them out and picture our soon to be kitchen.

We got to look at cabinets too, and guess which were my favorite? Yeah, the expensive ones. Obvi.

Chris spent the end of December working on the house on a regular daily basis. He's nearly done with all the electric. After that, it's just the HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) and then we can have our four-way inspection.

Don't ask me what that means, I'm just repeating Chris' words here.

The big decision to make right now is how to design our kitchen. Originally we were going to have a peninsula, but now we're kind of thinking that we want to open the kitchen up a little more and do an island instead. It will make the living and kitchen space seem like one big room but I think that will help a small living space feel larger. And I'm good with that.



My contribution to all this has been dedicatedly reading my HGTV magazines (Does anyone else still look at actual magazines..in print??) in search of the perfect design and color combinations for our interior decorating. I'm still torn between having fun colorful walls and neutral furniture or more neutral walls and colorful accents. I'm just terrified that my brand new beautiful house will end up looking like a single person's basement apartment because of my lack of decorating abilities.

I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Haha you're hilarious. I'll bet it is way more work than most people realize just to decorate. I'm sure it'll look fabulous when you are finished! Thank goodness for Pinterest these days. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loads of country living magazines (actual ones in print ) if you want to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete