Friday, October 10, 2014

Journal swap




A while back, I stumbled upon this fantastic blog, Neatly-Packaged  which led me to find this other awesome blog, Adventures of a Dream Catcher because the two just happen to be friends. And wouldn't you know it, they decided to team up for this crazy fun idea and get a bunch of other bloggers together to do a journal swap! 

If you know me at all, you may know that I love office supplies and I can't say no to a new notebook or journal of any kind. Ever. So naturally I signed up. But the best part of the whole thing was that I got to meet another blogger who has a great blog: Andrea from Collected Moments. I may have never found her blog otherwise so yay for me. Also I got a new friend.

I had so much fun getting to know Andrea. She is sweet and funny and I found out we actually have a quite a bit in common. I love it when that happens. She got to know me so well that she picked out the perfect journal for me. We talked about my love of colorful things and inspirational quotes and bam, I ended up with this beauty!




But it didn't stop there. Andrea had to go above and beyond and send me a little gift too! (As if the journal wasn't enough). She sent me this gorgeous bracelet with the quote, "A loving heart is the beginning to all knowledge."-Thomas Carlyle. 




I seriously wear this thing everyday. I always hesitate to buy bracelets but this style is so pretty I've always wanted to. Turns out, I love wearing bracelets like this. I can put it on behind my watch so it doesn't move around too much and every time a look down to see what time it is, I also get a quote to remind me to keep my heart and mind open so I don't miss out on some awesome knowledge-ing.

The quote on my journal is definitely one that I needed to hear. I've been so stressed with the home renovations and working on my new blog (coming Nov 15 ya'll!) and you know, being a mom that I've being so cranky lately. This just reminded me that I shouldn't let outside factors determine how I feel, because I'm strong enough to determine that for myself. And if I want to be happy, by golly I'm going to be happy!

Thanks for being so thoughtful Andrea! I'm excited to have you as a new blogger friend!

Oh, and as journal swaps often go, I got Andrea one too, it was based off of this post she wrote cause it cracked me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment