Monday, August 4, 2014

Make Something Monday: DIY Moby Wrap


perfect for the airport

Or if you don't want to bring a stroller

Even a hike

This tutorial is so simple, it feels wrong to spend an entire blog post explaining it. But here you go.

For those of you who don't know, a moby wrap is an expensive baby wearing option. I've found it to be my favorite. But since I didn't have $50 or so to spend on one I made my own. There are two steps.

001 Go to a fabric store of your choosing and buy 6 yards of stretchy knit fabric in the color of your choice.
4 yards wasn't enough and I have 5 yards which works but I wish it was a little longer. So 6 should be safe.

002 Your fabric will be double the width that you need it to be, so carefully find the center and cut it in half. You should have two pieces of fabric, 6 yards long. Make sure you're cutting the width in half and not the length.

That's it. That's all. You're done. 

Now you have two moby wraps for a fraction of the cost.

If you really want to you can sew a little tag in the exact center because you'll need to know where that is when you tie it on every time but I just fold mine in half to find it.

To learn how to tie it and put your baby inside, just search on youtube for tutorials.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, how old is your beautiful baby? She is cute..



    Http://beautyasti1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She'll be a year old in a week! I can't believe she's growing up so fast!!

      Delete