Saturday, December 14, 2013

Free At Last!

This is to those of you who said, "Don't get married so young, you'll never finish school," to everyone who said I shouldn't take any time off of school (like I did in Hawaii) cause I'll never want to go back, for everyone who said, "you're too dumb for college," (Okay no on said that), for all the people that advised me to wait until I finish college to have a baby I just want to rub it in your face, I DID IT! I am officially a college graduate! Stick that in your juice box and suck it!


I may or may not have taken this on my way out of class...




It's such an odd yet liberating feeling. For the majority of my life everything I do has been ruled by school: Whether my weekends are spent catching up on homework, how early I have to go to sleep to get to class in the morning, the way my worth is determined by the grades I get.

But now, there's nothing. Nowhere I have to be, no teachers to please, no papers to write, no stress! I remember telling a teacher in high school that I wish I had all the free time in the world to read everything and anything I want to. And now I can! I'm a college graduate and I can do whatever I want!

Okay that's not exactly true. I am a mother of an infant and I've got stuff to do. Like housework and raising a child and an at-home job.

I was so worried about this semester and afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it with a newborn. But surprisingly it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I feel so blessed and am eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for making my burdens light, quite literally, and helping me graduate. 

I am amazed that through all of the crazy things I've been through in my college career, I graduated college! Let's review, shall we

  • I graduated high school May 2009
  • I started college June 2009
  • Met my husband September 2009
  • Got married April 2010
  • Did an internship at DisneyWorld Summer 2010
  • Finished my sophomore year of college
  • Worked as a broadcast reporter for my comms class
  • Moved to Hawaii in Spring 2012
  • Did an internship at Hawaii News Now
  • Got pregnant
  • Had a baby
  • Finished college
  • Ate a sandwich
That last part is a lie. I did not have a sandwich after my last day of class. But I did graduate college.

The sucky part is I don't get to walk until April so I have the next four months to just think about how much I love not being in school before it's like super crazy official with a cap and gown and whatnot.

1 comment:

  1. You are assuredly Superwoman. The only explanation in my book. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete