Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 36 and Baby Showers!



How far along?  36 Weeks
Total weight gain? 40lbs (I know right?!)
Maternity clothes? Yeah, although the belly is starting to hang out of some of my shirts...
Stretch Marks? No, and I've made it this far..
Best moment this week? Baby Showers!!
Miss anything? Walking normally, sleeping through the night, not having hip pain or heartburn, not feeling constantly uncomfortable. I better questions would be what don't I miss and to that I say, nothing.
Movement? Yes! I love that I can feel it from the inside and outside and watch it happen.

Food Cravings: None really.
Anything making you sick or queasy? Bad smells
Worst symptom: Everything is uncomfortable.
Labor signs: Nope.
Belly button in or out? Out.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. 
Happy or Moody most of the time? So much Moody!
Looking forward to: Meeting my baby!!!


I can't believe how close I am to giving birth!! I'm so excited to meet my baby! Chris says he's tired of belly baby and wants real baby now. I'm a little nervous about having a newborn and was feeling totally unprepared until I had my baby showers. 

Yes, I said showers. I was lucky enough to have two and I am so grateful to my half sister-in-law's step mom (figure that one out) for throwing me the first one. She got all her sisters and cousins and friends together. I am amazed at how kind they were. They got me all these gifts and they'd never met me before! That's true sisterhood. It was a lot of fun and I loved getting advice from mothers who had been where I am recently.


Diaper Cake!



Isn't this incredible! Someone made it for me!

Look how generous everyone was! That swing was a hand-me-down gift!
Then came the baby shower my mom threw me. She went all out with the decor! I didn't know it was possible but she really threw me a Pinterest party! (You know the ones you see on Pinterest that you pin but you'll never actually do because they're way to complicated.)


The theme was "About to Pop" so there were blow pops and cake pops and popcorn and the cutest cake ever!!


There were also E's everywhere because the baby's initial is E.











We had chicken salad sandwiches, fruit with dip and punch for lunch.

Then everyone got to decorate onesies. They used fabric cut outs from stencils and fabric mod podge.



Present Time!!


Once again, everyone was SO generous! I can't believe it. I'm so blessed and grateful.
I feel so much more prepared for a baby now!
And look how cute the onesies turned out!!
Cutest dinosaur 

Love this little fishy!

No comments:

Post a Comment