Monday, March 11, 2013

[A very belated] Honeymoon!

I have a joke for you, What's the honeymoon salad??

Lettuce alone. HAHAHA...get it?

Now that that's over with...Chris and I never went on a real honeymoon. After we got married (almost 3 years ago!) I had to take a couple finals and then we drove directly from Utah out to Florida for my internship at DisneyWorld. In our entire marriage we have stayed in a hotel 3 times. Once on our wedding night, once for a brief stop in Tennessee on our way to Florida, and once in Savannah, Ga on a trip with my family. Never has it been a real vacation just the two of us.

Up until this point, we never really had the time or money to have an awesome honeymoon. But now we're living in Hawaii and were presented with the perfect opportunity for a tropical paradise honeymoon for a fraction of what it cost other people.

So we headed about an hour West and stayed in the beautiful Marriott Vacation Club in Ko'olina.
The view from our hotel room.
Along the beach are four man-made lagoons (our hotel sat on lagoon 3) and there are four hotels sitting along the beach, one of which is Disney's Aulani Resort. Our resort had three pools, and four hot tubs that kept us good, busy and relaxed.

So let me take you through our trip day by day. (Get ready for picture overload).

Day one.

We checked into our hotel on Sunday evening and then killed a few hours in our beautiful hotel room and walking around the resort before our dinner reservation at Roy's Steakhouse.





Yummiest steaks EVER!

Chocolate souffle for dessert

Day two.


We started the morning eating a delicious Poptart breakfast on our balcony and then headed off to Lagoon 1 to rent some paddle boards.

It took me a little time to figure out how to balance and row.



Chris was a pro immediately. Obv.





But then we were lonely with only one board so we rowed together.

It was a blast, especially when we both tried to stand up
 and promptly fell off


Cutest husband in existence.
Once we mastered the stand up paddle board we walked back to our resort to grill hot dogs for lunch.
Cutest griller EVER!



Then we laid out and swam and hot tubbed and relaxed and it was glorious.



Chris coming out of the water slide

And there's me!
We spent several hours in our glorious hotel room watching Love It or List It on HGTV (we were really digging the whole TV thing). Then we tried to find Walmart to rent a redbox movie and buy some ice cream. After the iphone map lead us to the middle of nowhere claiming it was Walmart we back-tracked and found a Target. There we promptly found the baby clothes section and squealed over the tiny cute things. Then we bought the Hunger Games and a box of ice cream and headed back to the hotel.


Day 3.

Our last day was much anticipated Disney Day!!! We started the morning with the character breakfast at Disney's Aulani Resort where we met Mickey, Minnie and Goofy! (I'm a bit of a Disney fanatic. Chris was kind enough to indulge my child side).





Thats Goofy behind us trying to photobomb.
After breakfast we checked out of our room, packed up the car, got Chris set up in the lobby by our room with his laptop and Age of Empires and I headed back to Aulani for my prenatal massage!



I don't think I could pick a favorite part of our honeymoon but this was definitely WAY up there! As soon as I walked in I was greeted with some ice cold water with floating orange slices and I got to choose a wishing stone printed with a word to be my mantra for the day. My word was harmony. Then I got to make a wish and toss my stone into the fountain. 

Then I had about an hour to enjoy the spa area. The best part was a set of outdoor showers that were designed to feel like different types of rain. They were the perfect warm temperature and all I had to do was stand under it and it starts showering it's goodness down on me.

My massage was perfect and felt so great (and the massage therapist thought I was 16 and couldn't believe I was pregnant).

Our honeymoon was so fantastic and I was pretty sad when we got home. (I might have cried but that was probably just the pregnancy hormones). I loved spending time with my incredible husband and getting some perfect us time before our little baby is born. My husband is so wonderful and I wish everyday was a vacation with him. I'm just glad that I have everyday hereafter to spend with him.





No comments:

Post a Comment