Friday, December 21, 2012

If there were ever a time for carbs...

I. Cant. Eat. Anything. Not that I'm puking up everything I eat, I just have zero appetite, overwhelming nausea, and a loud, obnoxious, and frequent gag reflex. I almost would prefer to be throwing up, maybe that would offer me some solace.

I was surprised to learn that even if I'm not puking, it's still called morning sickness. And what a joke that is. I might actually be able to function if this nausea only lasted during the morning hours. But no, I've been feeling the awful pain for three days now and it hasn't stopped since it started.

I'm freaking out, and I'm sick of being sick! What if the baby isn't getting enough nutrients because it's hard for me to eat anything besides dry frosted flakes. I should probably stop worrying and start eating.

The only thing that I feel like I can eat is bland carbs. Rice, mashed potatoes, english muffins, bread. It seems to help me feel a little better when my stomach isn't empty. But still, I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to walk from one side of my room to the other.

Poor Chris is starting to feel like my hand maid and I feel awful about it...well sort of. If I was feeling better, I would really enjoy all this service I'm getting.

Worst of all is that at this time when we should be saving every last penny to prepare for our upcoming itty bitty, I have a really hard time going to work. All I have to do at work is sit at a stool and sell tram tickets and smile on occasion. And yet, even that is seeming impossible.

Well here's to hoping that this nausea doesn't remain an ever presence in my life for the next three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment