Sunday, April 29, 2012

I want to go back to Georgia

I'm at my second layover of the day in Denver on my way back to Utah and already I want to be back in Georgia. This 4 hour layover hasn't been terrible yet, but it's not over. It's not that I hate Utah or anything...it's just that I really love Georgia. Not just the gorgeous trees and yes even the humidity but more than that, my family is there and I love spending time with them. It's crazy how the times change. As a teenager I wanted nothing to do with family outings. Now, living across the country, I crave them. I love the simple moments of laying with my mom on her bed and just chatting about nothing in particular. I love going through my little sister's clothes and girl talking about the boys she likes (or allegedly doesn't like). I love my dad's quiet demeanor that so quickly turns quirky and awkward in the way only family can love.

This trip was so perfect because there was no pressure to be doing things 24/7. I could lounge on the couch or go for a run and just enjoy being home and relaxing. But I guess it is time to get back to the real world. Back to work, housework, cooking, cleaning and worst of all...packing.

We're leaving for Hawaii on May 23rd. Wait! is that right?! The 23rd?? Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic. But if you know anything about me, you also know that I tend to stress and overwhelm myself very easily. Right now that means freaking out over how I'm going to pack up our house before we leave. Commence the lamaze style breathing now.

No it'll be fine. Once we get to Hawaii it will be a while before I have to start work so I'll be able to relax a little and just work on my tan. But there's still that sinking feeling in my stomach reminding me that it'll be a year before I'm back in Forsyth. A year goes by fast. But it doesn't change the fact that I'll miss my family.

I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment