Friday, July 1, 2011

Morning and Night

Dance of the Trees

I woke up this morning to watch the trees dance
Each one moving to the bass in the sky.
I watched as they shook their leaves in excitement;
Some drooped their branches and appeared to cry.

With arms outstretched they swayed back and forth,
They reached out to the tree by their side
And in perfect time the trees switched direction
Each leaf along for the ride.

They filled up the sky with they're glowing shades of green,
Yet their roots remained stationed below
Each danced to the song blowing through their leaves
And moved where the wind let them go.

Soon the birds joined in, their arrows in the sky
The trees swirled around them just right.
The clouds hung low to watch every move,
The performance was done in low light.

I close my eyes and feel their movements in the wind
I'm jealous; I can't help it.
They have the whole sky, to dance as they wish
And yet here on my bed, I sit.

As I get up to leave, they all wave goodbye
They thank me for watching their show.
But it's not nearly over, it will go on all day
Just as long as the wind will blow.

I woke up this morning to watch the trees dance
As it is quite the norm
It comes with the thunder, the wind, and the rain.
Oh how I love a good thunderstorm.


Can I Keep Just One Star, Please?


Millions and millions litter the sky
The light shines down overwhelming.
I can't help but stare as one flies by
and A Wish is released to them all.

Can I please keep you little star, just tonight
So full of life and exciting.
I need you small star to bring in the light.
The lost are confused down below.

We'll dance and we'll sing little star, only us
Without the to-dos of our life
And we won't let morning come in without fuss
For tonight you and I are alive.

We'll make mischief and cookies and raspberry pie
Our obligations will be strictly to sweets.
We can be loud and facetious and do whatever we try
For tonight you and I are alive.

So what do you say my little star, small and sweet,
Can I keep you please just for tonight?
For what morning brings is a terrible feat
But tonight you and I are alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment