Friday, August 19, 2011

Manifesto

In light of recent events I have been thinking a lot lately and school doesn't even start for another week. Ha but no really......I have been thinking about life. Watch out fellas, I'm about to get deep.

I have been alive for 20 years 7 months and 4 days ( and some hours and minutes). I could be gone from this life at any minute. I'm not trying to be morbid, it just honestly makes me think:

what have i done in my life that is worth anything??

have I made the most of every moment?

If I died today or tomorrow or even next week, would I look back and be happy with the life that I lived? I know that I am young and I still have time to live all my dreams, but what if I don't? What if today was my last day? This is coming across a little more depressing than I had intended. The truth is, I don't think I have lived my life as full as I could have. I don't think I have made the most of every single day.

This morning for instance I layed on the couch for an hour or so because I was too lazy to get up and get ready for work. But because I did that I had to rush to get ready and get to work on time. I don't want to spend my whole life in two different speeds: lazy and rushing. I want to take each moment at a nice pace and appreciate everything in this world. I don't want to spend another day taking anything for granted. 

I want to wake up every morning and fall to my knees and thank my Heavenly Father for another beautiful day that I get to spend on this earth with my wonderful husband. 

Watching TV is not expanding my life in anyway. I should be building skills and talents, I should be spending quality time with those I love. I should make each day, each hour, each minute, each second really count for something. I want to look back at the end of each day and feel happy and accomplished.

I don't want to waste another second doing something that doesn't mean anything!

So because of these new feelings, here is my personal manifesto.

I am a daughter of God.
I appreciate the small wonders of the world.
I take time to meditate.
I am bold.
I am strong.
Everyday is a chance for me to create something.
I am creative.
I spend my time with the people I love and cherish.
I strive to learn things that interest me.
I do not wait.
I am proactive.
I am responsible for my actions.
I do what I want because I want to, not because someone told me to.
I take the opinions of others as just that: an opinion.
I don't let anyone else rule my decisions except me.
Everyone is a child of God, which means not judging anyone no matter how different they may be.
I do not judge myself on the standards of others.
My best is good enough.
I am astonishing.
My body is a temple.
I do not waste time.
Every moment of my life is spent where a want to be doing what I want to do with the people I want to be with.
No one can force me to do otherwise.
I am powerful.
I do not regret my mistakes.
I learn from them. 
I am true to my emotions, not embarrassed by them.
I eat when I am hungry.
I find myself through dance.
I am in the world, not of it.
I am not my possessions.
I am wealthy through my knowledge.
I am rich through my love.
I am blessed beyond belief.
I look for people to serve.
I respect everyone.
I am not afraid of dying;
I am afraid of not having lived enough.
I am silly.
I am LOUD.
I feel.
I love.
The world is how I perceive it.
My view of the world is the one I have seen in person;
not in pictures.
I am an explorer.
I am an adventurer.
I am an artist.
I am a dancer.
I am an actress.
I am a lifelong student.
I am a friend.
I am Jocelyn Deon Malmfeldt Langford.

No comments:

Post a Comment